Patriot Guard and Associates:
As we move into the final swing of the holidays and into 2014, I would like to thank each and every one of you for what you do for our Veterans, First Responders and their families!
This was a busy year for PGR of CT and we had some great accomplishments:
- Well over 150 missions this year and this does not include the many “attend on your own” events that we do participate in.
- Very successful major events: Chili Cook- off with Mad Mike Freedman in the lead; Wreaths Across America with Skip Petras leading the event this year and our Spring Ride with Paul Novicelli leading. Thanks to these leaders and to so many members for their support at these critical events that help us to help our Veterans and First Responders!
- A tremendous effort with our plaques and challenge coins delivered on every Honor Mission. Big thanks to Kevin Wakely and Greg young for their continued leadership on this.
- A fun-filled Flag build and staging of our Flags in various areas of the state with our Flag captain Don Camden at the helm.
- An increase in our overall membership.
- Some terrific work by our social media team to keep us all informed both on our website and Facebook. Thanks to Laurie Gadbois and her outstanding team for all the work they do daily.
- I’d also like to acknowledge all the Ride Captains for the work they do both behind the scenes and out front on each and every mission!
- A big thanks for our Treasurer Marcia Young for her professionalism and excellent skills in keeping us all in line with the books!
- Last and never least, I would like to thank and recognize our own Jack Casey for his induction into the CT Veteran Hall of Fame this year. A true Patriot and Veteran advocate, he is a tireless fixture at every event and appreciated by all that he interacts with. Congrats!
But most importantly, the difference each one of you make for others with your service, honor and professionalism. It is the look on the faces of those we serve at every mission that is truly rewarding and humbling.
I thank you all and wish you and yours the very best during this holiday season.
Gregg “Flag 7” Barratt
Patriot Guard Riders
Connecticut State Captain