Statewide message from State captain Gregg Barratt
Patriot Guard and Associates:
I hope all had a great Thanksgiving with friends and family….we have a few big events coming up and wanted to make sure they are on your radar.
Operation Elf: Sunday Dec 15th, 1300hrs-1600hrs, Hartford Armory
All the baked goods have been donated but we need 2-3 more members to help man the table for the Military families that were deployed in 2013 and will be deployed in 2014. Please email me if you can help out!
Honor and Remember Flag
We seem to be missing ours that we use on missions…should you know its whereabouts, please drop me an email as we like to have this flying proudly on all our missions.
Wreaths Across America: Detailed itinerary is attached.
From Skip Petras:
Excitement is building. CT WAA is 1 week away.
1) Per the CT State Police, NO ONE that is participating in the convoy is to do any intersection blocking during our transits for site to site. The CSP escort and the LEO’s from the respective towns will handle this. If this occurs the CSP will revoke our permit and our tour will be over.
2) We will need to do our very best to try to stick to our time schedules as much as possible. Timing will be more critical on Tuesday as we have schools that we will be visiting. Your assistance in this is greatly appreciated.
3) Pattie has gotten a block of rooms at the Comfort Inn 100 Essex Rd. in Old Saybrook. If anyone needs lodging please call 860-395-1414 and mention that you are with Wreaths Across America to get the room rate of $ 70.00 per night.
4) Foremost, Please come to have fun. This is a mission of Teaching, Honoring and Remembering our veterans and military personnel.
5) ASC Mac McArthur will be our escort leader. Please remember that Safety is first & foremost. For those in cages, remember to car pool as we have a limit of 25 total vehicles for the convoy. I will have escort identity sheets for those in the convoy.
6) Finally I would like to thank each & every one of you for your participation and support of this mission. I would like to thank all of you personally but I would surely forget someone and those groups that are assisting us in this endeavor. Special thanks to Cabela’s for our starting point, Fidelco for their participation and continued support of PGR and our Veterans, and Walmart for being or Official transport truck.
7) And last but not least, Thank you to Morrill & Karen Worcester and the Worcester Wreath Company for allowing us to help them spread the message that was started by Morrill.
New England Women’s Regional Invitational Chili Cook Off, January 18 Somers, CT
Still looking for help the day of-contact Mad Mike at: email@example.com
A special event to benefit Amanda a Marine widow who is very ill and her 17 year old son. Her husband a Marine Gunnery Sgt. of Enfield, was tragically killed In Action in 2003. We will be doing a Flag Line at this event and will need volunteers beforehand and the day off to help. This of course will be led by our own Mad Mike Freedman and should be a great event where all the cooks must be dressed like a woman!