Patriot Guard and Associates:
As we move into the final swing of the holidays and 2012, I would like to thank each and every one of you for what you do for our Veterans, 1st Responders and their families.
This was a busy year for PGR of CT and we had some great accomplishments:
- Well over 100 missions this year,
- Development and implementation of our website,
- Creation of new role of Flag Captain and new configuration for our flags,
- Very successful Chili cook-off that benefited PGR,
- An increase in our membership,
- Renewed process for delivery and presentation of PGR plaques to the family at Honor Missions,
- But most importantly, the difference you make for others with your service, honor and professionalism. It is the look on the faces of those we serve at every mission that is truly rewarding and humbling.
The Patriot Guard of CT is an organization that really should not work…we have no meetings, no dues, no uniform, no building, no salaried members, stand for hours at a time in all kinds of weather, travel all across the state and we normally get very short notice on missions. For most organizations, this would be crippling. Yet for the Patriot Guard Riders of CT, we not only do all of this but we do it extremely well, with honor and a passion for Standing for Those Who Stood for us.
I thank you all and wish you and yours the very best during this holiday season.
Gregg “Flag 7” Barratt
Patriot Guard Riders